Hello fashion lovers! Have you already got all must-haves of the season? If not, the one I’m going to talk about today will not leave you indifferent. This spring, all designers went on a time journey back to the 70s and joined together under a common slogan “Make love not war”. Bohemian style with divine ethnic prints, tie-dyes, patchwork, bootcuts and naturally fringe have rocked the runaways and streets of the most fashionable cities. And as someone who is crazy about fringe in any color, fabric and interpretation I decided to show off my new suede vest, which will surely become a collective piece in my wardrobe.
Fringe is one of those trends that made it’s journey from ancient times to nowdays without ever being out of fashion. Almost every fashion age tried to take a fresh look at fringe and translate it into a current trend. From tibal costume to the glamourous 20-s, crazy 70-s and especially resistant towards seasonal trends nowdays, fringe has almost become classics. However fringe is a risky piece to wear and combine. Too much can easily become a costume, too thick will turn into a western outfit and too long will look simply sloppy. Here are my picks of streetstyle ideas of how to wear fringe this spring.
1. Fringed vest. I love this vest, it’s chic, versatile and multyseasonal. For my outfit today I went for a complete bohemian look with silk etnic blouse from Chloe and super skinny pair of JBrands, and mostly important a pair of very chic red soles to pull it off. If you go for a ensemble consisting of more than one pieces of one style like 70-s blouse and fringed vest, it’s better to break it with something totally different in terms of style. Jeans make the outfit look current and cool, whereas heels add chic and sophistication. Try not to match clothes in one style, it’s boring and tasteless. To say more about my vest, I can’t wait for summer to wear it with plain white tank top or a silk dress. So it is indead very versatile – you can even wear it on top of any jacket and add a fresh touch to it. Hope you like my look!
I am wearing Enes suede vest, Chloe silk top, Jbrand jeans, and Louboutin heels (thank you my dearest husband for this present)).
Photos by Steven Lemmens
2. Another big trend of this season is fringed skirt. Maxi and mini in all color, fabrics and thiknesses. Fringed skirt is a statement itself already, which is why you do not need to go over the top with the top: pair it with plain tee-shirt of simple white shirt and very nice pair of high heels or sneakers and your show-stopping look is ready.
2. Bags with fringe are very playful and add spice to even most simple and conventional outfit.
3. Fringed dree is gorgeours. You may consider yourself lucky if you find one!
4. And the classics of the classics are fringed jackets. Do not be afraid of buying one, you will never get bored with it – it is always remain cool and trendy and give you plenty of inspiration to experiment and re-invent your looks.